An important update from Livingston International
The rapid spread of COVID-19 is of tremendous concern to our organization and the businesses we serve. As an employer of approximately 3,000 associates in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia, the health and well-being of our team members and their families is of paramount importance. We see ourselves as part of a greater community all working together to “flatten the curve,” and to do our part to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 amongst the communities in which we work.
How we’re responding
We have instituted a number of policies and procedures to reduce the possibility of Livingston personnel being exposed to the virus and, in turn, spreading it to others. These include:
- Work-from-home mandates for associates able to do so, including customer service and dispatch.
- Social distancing procedures for all associates unable to work from home, including paperless transactions, virtual sign-offs and drop-box pick-ups to limit human-to-human contact.
- Severe restrictions on business travel.
- A requirement for all associates returning from personal travel to self-isolate for 14 days.
- A requirement for all associates exhibiting signs of illness to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Ongoing requirements to abide by the hygiene regime outlined by the World Health Organization, including:
- Frequent hand sanitization by yard associates
- All drivers are required to wear gloves
- The disinfecting of all surfaces after each visitor exits an office
- The disinfecting of all steering wheels, gear shifts and door handles of customer vehicles.
- Business continuity programs at our local, national and global levels to ensure we continue to provide critical services to our clients.
At the same time, we also recognize the critical role we play for businesses around the world for whom we facilitate time-sensitive supply chain functions. Since the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have made it our mandate to balance our associates’ health and well-being with business continuity. The policies we have put in place are carefully and strategically designed to limit disruption to our operations that result in delays for our customers. However, given the extent of the outbreak and the impact it is having on economic, social and governmental institutions, there may be instances in which service delays or disruptions may be unavoidable.
Keeping our ear to the ground
We are committed to keeping our customers apprised of any anticipated or existing delays in a timely manner, be they related to Livingston’s operations or operational/procedural challenges in transportation and/or administrative/regulatory changes. We will do this proactively as often as possible, but encourage you to check our website regularly for updates.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to secure the health and safety of our associates while continuing to service those businesses that rely on us to move goods across borders.
Your Livingston Team